With the discovery of aniline dyes, production of indigo became uneconomical, leading to the closure of the indigo factory in Kachhwa in the 19th century. The premises and redundant buildings were handed over to the London Missionary Society to be used for medical work, thus in 1897 Kachhwa Christian Hospital was established. Dr. Ashton was the first doctor.
In 1922, Bible Churchman’s Missionary Society became the hospital’s governing body. Under the leadership of Dr. Neville Everard it became a popular mission hospital with 120 beds and a nursing school. Dr. Everard was instrumental in the formation of Emmanuel Hospital Association and thus began the relationship between Kachhwa Christian Hospital and Emmanuel Hospital Association.